23 - 28 June 2022
Join Jenny on our 6 day tour to Rioja & The
Basque Country in conjunction with Taste Vacations.
We start our tour by tasting our way through Spain’s most famous wine region, Rioja. We’ll explore the outstanding cuisine and internationally famous wines the
area is known for. We will get our fill of Tempranillo, Granacha, and white Rioja, but we make sure to provide a well-rounded itinerary as we will taste both modern and classic wine styles, learn
about a wide range of topics covering the complex history and culture of the area, and provide you with time on your own to make your own discoveries.
In the second half of the tour, we’ll make our way to another one of Spain’s great food regions. The fiercely independent Basque Country, or País Vasco as it is known
in Spanish, is a picturesque mix of beautiful beaches, verdant agriculture, and sophisticated cities and small towns located in northern Spain. Perhaps above all, the Basque region is known as
a true foodie paradise. Rumored to employ more chefs per capita than any other part of the world, the Basque region is full of culinary delights. It is also home to the
indigenous Txakoli white wine, a crisp, lightly effervescent variety that naturally accompanies the seafood of the northern coastline. Near the end of the tour, we venture out on a
half-day side trip to the French side of the Pays Basque.
- Explore Spain with Jenny who lived many years
in Rioja and who has a winemaking background provides key insights into exploring the culture of her adopted homeland
- Relish the flavors of the area with a picnic by the sea on the Basque coast
- Visit the French town of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, famous for its chocolates and macarons
- Discover the history of winemaking in Rioja and the towns of Haro, Elciego, San Vicente and Laguardia
- Take part in a fun local tradition: a tapas crawl with delicious traditional foods paired with wine as you walk from bar to restaurant to bar – a walking
- Contrast modern vs traditional style wines and take part in intimate private wine tastings at famous bodegas and ones you may have never heard of!
- Location: Spain – La Rioja and Basque Country
- Next Public Tour Date: June 21 – 26, 2021
- Trip Price Per Person: $3,500
- Optional single supplement: $850
- Guide: Jenny Siddall
- Hotels: Hotel Los Agustinos, Haro, La Rioja & Hotel Saiaz, Getaria.
- Meals: All meals included except one dinner and two lunches
"Exceeding all expectations. We learned so much about Rioja wine thanks to Jenny´s unparalleled knowledge and love of Rioja wines"
For further information please take a look at the Taste Vacations Website and contact Jenny directly for detailed answers to any questions you may have.
Private Tour Option
- Private Tours are available to book with your own group on any date you choose, given guide and lodging availability
- Trip Price: $3,500 per person ($850 single suppl.)
- Minimum: 4 people
- Customizations to the itinerary possible with additional per person fees
- Please note – Our pricing is based on double occupancy lodging. If upon finalising your private trip, your group has a solo traveler in a room without a
roommate, the single supplement becomes mandatory. This amount will differ depending on the itinerary. Please contact our tour operations team for more details.
Plan a private tour